Welcome to French Toast
I have been wanting to visit French Toast since it opened. I mean, what’s not to love – amazing wines and tapas – two of my favourite things. So when a good friend decided to celebrate his 30th there, I was probably the first to RSVP with a (slightly drooling) yes!
And it was lovely…
What’s in a (Cape Town Restaurant’s) Name?
So, French Toast, I checked the website to find out about the restaurant’s name and couldn’t find anything. Something to do with the decor (Parisian French) and wine (Toast), and they have a French Toast dessert.
The pictures speak for themselves, but some of the top picks from the evening were:
1) The bubbly flight – 3 x 50 ml glasses with different sparkling wines
2) The chicken skewers and tomato ricotta pastries
3) The variety of wines – we enjoyed a range of whites (including pinot grigio and chardonnay), and reds (merlot and cabernet sauvignon) – and they were all delicious!
4) Our waitor was a was amazing – all the way from the Copper Belt in Zambia – she looked after us and smiled all evening!
It must have been a good evening because we got there at 6 and left shortly after midnight!
And to end off, French Toast runs a couple of Specials:
On a Monday night: All wines under R400 half price
Week Days: From 17:00 – 19:00 a glass of red or white wine for R20
Some Interesting Articles We Recently Came Across:
- a trip to the movies « – Took fish to see Madagascar 3 this afternoon and his Aunty Mandi (the sperm donors sister and the only one in that family who actually cares about fishness) came with as she is leaving for a month on some church mission (not sure to where though). She got him a really cute hoodie and he insisted on wearing it over the one he already had on …
- Top 10 Things to Do in Cape Town | Traveling by Numbers – Cape Town, South Africa is a city that has a lot to offer, but here are 10 things to do while traveling in Cape Town.
- Top 10 Things To Do in Cape Town | DU Study Abroad – If you’re studying abroad in Southern Africa, visiting Cape Town, South Africa is a must. It’s a gorgeous city, nestled beneath Table Mountain, and located right on the Atlantic Ocean. I went on an eight-day trip to Cape Town …
- happy “fathers” day « – So as you can imagine, today is not very high on my list of favourites. Perhaps it’s the fact that it was sunshine this morning so I happily put my washing on the line and of course now the rain is making sure it’s washed properly or maybe it’s the fact that I never get a day off, not even on a Sunday or maybe …
- 3 of the best things to do in Cape Town, South Africa – The beauty of a Cape Town holiday is the variety of things to see and do whilst you are there. The most trouble you will have is in deciding what to do in the…
Have a look at more restaurants.