Ginger and Lime happens in the home of Denise Levy and offers cooking experiences from around the world. They host different chefs and offer a flexible environment that can be adapted for private functions, birthday dinners and product launches.
Denise’s philosophy is simple and heart-warming:
My kitchen has always been the heart of the home, a place where friends and family gather together and bond over the preparation and eating of fabulous food, and this is in essence what the GINGER & LIME concept is; opening my kitchen to others who are also passionate about food and who enjoy the experience of cooking together.
In the last 4 months we’ve visited Ginger and Lime a couple of times. My husband went for their Italian evening, we went with friends for their plant-based cooking class with Arabella Parkinson and then, most recently, we joined a friend’s baby shower. I feel like we’ve seen a couple of the different options that Ginger and Lime offers and we’ve loved every minute of it.
Our Plant-Based Cooking Experience
We’ve been moving towards more of a plant-based diet, relying less on meat and supplementing with beautiful vegetable dishes. I’ve been struggling to come up with balanced, nutritious meals and often find myself repeating recipes and ingredients. We signed up for the plant-based experience to get a fresh injection of enthusiasm and inspiration for vegetarian meals.
Arabella expertly guided us through a menu of delicious, simple meals – all of which we are easily able to replicate at home.
Here’s the menu:
- Quinoa and chia porridge with coconut cream, vanilla and cinnamon topped with seasonal fruit, almonds, buckwheat and a mint jus
- Buddha Bowl with spice paste, baby corn, beans, snap peas, mushrooms and broccoli with brown rice served with fresh coriander and chilli
- Saffron flatbreads with beetroot pate, grilled aubergine, pickled zucchini and carrot tzatsiki served with pomegranates and black sesame
- Aubergine Pahi with flatbreads
- Miso or seaweed broth with exotic mushrooms, chilli and lemongrass with poached egg and udon noodles
- Raw cocao ferrero rochers, peanut butter banana ice cream and raw chocolate mousse with fresh berries
What We Love About Ginger and Lime
We loved the relaxed, intimate feel of cooking in a working kitchen and the freedom to get as hands on as we wanted (or to sit on the sidelines and have a glass of wine). The venue is comfortable and stylish and provides a platform for fun, interactive experiences. We thoroughly enjoyed all of our visits to Denise’s kitchen!
“APPROACH LOVE AND COOKING WITH RECKLESS ABANDON” The Dali Lama