One of My Top Cape Town Restaurants for Breakfast
Manna Epicure on the rather arty side of Kloof Street (that’s the upper higher section passed Melissa’s) is a lovely little coffee/breakfast Cape Town restaurant. My first impression is of one of those arty Afrikaans white washed, wooden seated coffee shops, but then when your tea arrives is rose porcelain tea cups with the complimentary biscuit you start to re-evaluate your surroundings.
There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere about the place, with the locals stopping by to get their daily rye loaf of bread from the bakery section. The portions of food are rather substantial for the average female dinner, but definitely means sharing amongst friends is allowed which means lots of sampling going round the table. We had stopped by for a friend’s birthday so some nibbled on red velvet cupcakes, sipping tea while others enjoyed the bread basket with the days latest variations (and of course the traditional egg and bacon is always a winner.)
Coffee at Manna Epicure
I am a self-proclaimed coffee snob so I tend to be rather fussy about when and how my coffee is served and if tea is not your thing the coffee will definitely not disappoint you. If you’re not sure if you like tea or coffee more they have beautifully presented Red Cappuccinos too so everybody feels part of the party. The only consideration is that the prices are above average, but for me, the food quality and lovely atmosphere makes experiencing Manna Epicure well worth the price.
Contact Details for Manna Epicure
151 Kloof Street City Bowl Cape Town
Tel: 021 426 2413
Tues – Sat: 08:00 – 20:00. Sun: 08:00 – 19:00
Some Interesting Articles We Recently Came Across:
- Quirky new restaurants in Cape Town – The South China Dim Sum … – It is such exciting times – Cape Town has its first Dim Sum Bar!! Quirky!! Seriously quirky. Ed & Clint saved their money from working weekends at the City Bowl Market in town and used it to transform an absolute … Continue …
- Quirky new restaurants in Cape Town – The Dog’s Bollocks, Clarke’s … – This has been a fun time for funky interesting restaurant openings in Cape Town. We explored a couple of these over the last few weeks: The Dogs Bollocks, Clarkes and South China Dim Sum. Each one is wonderfully quirky.
- Best Pizza in Cape Town – Travel South Africa The Travel Blog – Where to eat in Cape Town? Col’cacchio Pizzeria has the best pizza in Cape Town, mind you in South Africa. They have Pizza restaurants in the Western Cape, Gauteng and Durban. So if you are visiting Cape Town or if you …
- A Luxury Travel Blog » Top 10 restaurants in Cape Cod – If you are looking to spend some time away from your responsibilities and truly relax, there is no destination more therapeutic than the Cape Cod Islands,…
- Top Five Personal Favorite Restaurants in Cape Town & Surrounds … – Top Five Personal Favorite Restaurants in Cape Town & Surrounds. Pigalle Restaurant is located in the trendy, cosmopolitan area of De Waterkant, one of Cape Towns fastest growing must see destinations. Pigalle restaurant …
Have a look at more restaurants.