My favourite meal growing up was kassler and sauerkraut (nothing to do with my dad being Dutch) and now being married with a German mother-in-law means that the good food continues. So I appreciate good sausage, proper potato salad, sauerkraut, kassler chops (just hold the mustard…)
Imagine my delight when, after 8 months of no pork (travelling Africa), I returned to the Mother City to find that Raith (in Gardens centre) had opened another branch in High Constantia (next to Greens). The one thing that I find a little off-putting about Reich in Gardens is that it is always packed and it’s a bit of a bunfight for tables if you go there at lunchtime.
So What is the Constantia Raith Like?
Constantia offers the perfect solution – the shopping centre itself has a much nicer vibe, there’s plenty of space to sit down – and the food continues to be absolutely awesome.
Even if you’re not into German food, the gourmet sandwiches and international products available at the deli make this a worthwhile stop. They’ve got a beautiful bakery, cheese counter, cold meats and butchery, and of course, more mustard than can possibly be good for a person.
Need more info?
Some Interesting Articles We Recently Came Across:
- Glib ‘lawyer’ conman hits East Cape | – A SMOOTH-TALKING conman who has allegedly fleeced thousands of rands from people across the country by posing as a lawyer and charming his way into their lives is now targeting the Eastern Cape. Johan Fifield who also goes by the name of Johan van Heerden or Johan Brits is wanted by police across the country…
- Destination Review – Cape Town, South Africa | Welcome to the … – Big, beautiful, bold, and breathtaking are just some of the words I would use to describe the magnificent city of Cape Town, a bustling metropolis with a small town feel. One of those travel destinations that gets under your skin, …
- Group Buying Sites in South Africa – I take a look at Group Buying in South Africa, who is offering group buying what has these companies been up to. Twangoo, UbuntuDeals, WiCount and My City Deals.
- Villas and Hotels for Africa provides accommodation for GA 5th … – We are providing the BEST accommodation deals for the Global Alliance for Ministries and Departments of Peace Summit 2011. Cape Diamond Hotel, Hotel on St Georges and Cape Suites are on offer!
- Snail in my McDonald’s burger #brandminus – iMod – Cape Town Blog – I don’t normally eat from McDonalds, because I think their food is quite disgusting, but this evening I didn’t have options so I went past and go myself a burger. This was from the McDonalds in Cape Town next to Kenilworth Center, I’d advice staying away
Have a look at more restaurants.