Murder & Mystery Five Flies Cape Town Restaurant
On the eve of the discovery if King Tut’s tomb by Howard Carter more than 90 years ago Five Flies launched their first Murder Mystery evening. There where English researchers, Pharaohs and more than one Cleopatra came out in glitz and glam to enjoy a five course meal and try solve the case of the murder of Professor Tulli.
Five Flies Winter Special
As part of the Winter specials on offer Five Flies has come up with a unique five part murder mystery where guests are invited to enjoy an evening filled with some of the finest prepared dishes in Cape Town, but also a chance to meet new friends or gather the old dinner club group (which always seems to dissolve after one too many Public Holidays) to fill the table of 8 for the evening.
How the Five Flies Murder Mystery Evening Works
All guests are allocated a character from the Murder Mystery and are required to play their part to try reveal the truth of who the real murderer is. This takes a lot of coordination from the events team from Five flies, but upon arrival everybody had managed to take on their new persona and managed to do a very good job of being temptresses and aloof professors.
The idea behind the new marketing campaign is to try and give Cape Townians a reason to get out of their cosy homes on the weekends and at least once a month journey through to the Five Flies to continue the revelation of the Murders and meet new interesting characters. There are five murder mysteries that need to be solved and you can choose to attend just one evening or attended all five events as the stories and clues are interlinked.
What We Thought
This is a great concept and will definitely bring you out of your comfort zone, but if you are not prepared to play the part or are not open to meeting your alto ego then their colourful characters and murder accusations may overwhelm the great food that is served!
We loved it – and if you’re up for some dress-up and fun then make sure you book soon – this is one of the most enjoyable, interactive dining experiences available from any of the Cape Town restaurants and is not to be missed! The food is amazing too 😉
Some Interesting Articles We Recently Came Across:
- Computicket Lady Gaga fail – Today was the opening of ticket sales on Computicket for the Lady Gaga concert coming to Cape Town and Jozzie at the end of the year, and it was a complete.
- Groote Post – a darling wine and food experience « The Opposite … – The Beautiful historic west coast farm, sprawled across the hills of darling, ‘Groote Post’ literally translates as ‘the biggest cattle outpost’, which it was in its former heyday. It was also a favourite hunting ground for Lord Charles …
- Pure Violet at Miss SA & Miss SA Teen Workshop | purevioletworld – Very early on the morning of Saturday, 04 June, Nicole Cronje of Pure Violet was on her way to Jo’burg to attend the Miss SA & Miss SA Teen Workshop, held at the Sandton Sun Convention Centre. This workshop is aimed at …
- The Simon’s Town Navy Festival « Stay Simon’s Town – One thing we are extremely proud of here in Simon’s Town is our Navy! It’s always exciting to watch from our balcony the submarines submerging and surfacing, spotting the recruits in and around town and catching a glimpse …
- D Day for the Alwyn Vintcent tomorrow… « Mel Elliott – D Day for the Alwyn Vintcent tomorrow… The Alwyn Vintcent Steam Tug Boat which is to become a Villiersdorp treasure is ahead of schedule on the journey which embarked on two days ago and it is nestled at the foothills of …
Have a look at more restaurants.